Re: WAS Using WQ5RP

Dale Putnam

Is that offer open for one of the contests this fall?  Of so I would like that. Could be fun to run Qrp with it in sweeps or the ARRL 160 or 10.

72,
Dale - WC7S in WY

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM -0600, "WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Is anyone interested in making WAS using the club call? All members
can use the the club call anytime they wish, any mode, any band. As
long as you stay within the limits of your own license (Riley said so, a
long time ago :o) Other clubs have had a club wide activity using their
club call. The North Georgia group, NO4GA comes to mind, they made DXCC
in 4 months.

If you want to participate, pse send me your contact's info and I'll
upload it to a log on our web page. I'm not savvy enough to use LOTW,
but some of you who are could handle that if you wish. It would be fun
to track the club's progress and I'll post a progress report from time
to time on the reflector.

This isn't for the ARRL award, since complying with the 50 mile
requirement isn't possible, but this group activity should be even more
fun. Monitoring the watering holes throughout the day and answering
CQ's should be a productive way to negate poor band condx.

Lemmee know, and TIA

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.