Re: Low Cost 10W All Band Xcvr

Ed - ad7gr

That seems to be the real issue... and the folks in GB have discussed this as well... not much out there for a 10W, multi-band rig with an economical price being manufactured. No free lunch expected but it would be nice to have dessert occasionally. ;-)

73,
Ed - ad7gr
skcc #30T
www.edliko.net

On 7/14/2016 9:00 AM, kk5ib01@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Ed,
When you say multiple bands, 10 watts, low power consumption, I don't know anything in the economical range. The new Elecraft KX2 meets your first three requirements at $750 base, but well over $1000 with its extras. I had the same requirements for a base station QRP radio and ended up with a K2 at over $1000 when I had it set up like I wanted. No free lunch that I know of.
Darryl, KK5IB

Posted by: kk5ib01@...