Re: 12 Volt linear (not switching!) wall wart

Don Wilhelm

Chip,

You might want to consider building your own. Start with an 18-0-18 volt transformer from MPJA (http://www.mpja.com/18V-2A-Center-Tapped-9-0-9-Transformer/productinfo/27843+TR/), a bridge rectifier and filter capacitors, then add a 7812 voltage regulator and you will have a good linear power supply rated at 1 amp (the max rating of the 7812 regulator). You should plan to add a heatsink for the regulator.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 8/25/2016 5:03 PM, CStratton groups@strattonfamily.us [4sqrp] wrote:
Anyone have a line on a 12 Volt linear wall warts? There used to be so many... Trying to cut down on the RFI in my house, and switching wall warts seem to be a big contributor and about all I can seem to find.

I'm looking for something that gives about 1 amp at 12 Volts and is regulated. Linearly! And is not terribly expensive so I can buy a few of them.

I suppose an alternative would be a very RF quiet switching wall wart if someone has first hand knowledge of one of those......

73
Chip Stratton
AE5KA