Re: Tiny 2A Variable Regulated DC Power Supply -Performance ? Quality?

WA0ITP

These little dudes will fit in an Altoids!  Nubble or grind out a window in the lid and it will be perfect for portable ops with a  battery.  I've been using a similar one set at 12 volts for my /P rigs for some time now.  Its RF quiet and works well.  

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Tiny 2A Variable Regulated DC Power Supply -Performance ? Quality?

Just bought 4 ea from that link at $7.99/ea.

They're a perfect fit for something I just built for my bench.

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.

Quoting trf1923 :

OK, guys! I guess I've been living under a rock for too long.

This morning I just stumbled onto this listing from eBay for an inexpensive, tiny - and I mean SMALL power supply module from China with digital r/o, 2 amps (perfect for QRP), and fully adjustable. I feel kinda small myself right now, I didn't even know this sort of QRP friendly stuff was even out there. The winning bids for these modules seem to be under $20 w/ FREE shipping from Hong Kong. Without the digital r/o, some modules of this sort are selling in the TWO dollar range.

Have you used one of these modules? What are your experiences - any good? I just can't believe the price/ performance ratio - let alone the size of these things!

LM2596 Power Step-down Module DC 4.0~40 to 1.3-37V Adjustable + LED Voltmeter

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lm2596-power-step-down-module-dc-4-0-40v-to-1-3-37v-adjustable-led-voltmeter-2A-/300735862768?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46054117f0>

Bruce - KKoS

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.