Re: Simple AC receptacle tester

Johnny AC0BQ

On Saturday, August 27, 2016, rln37@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I'd like to have an AC receptacle tester a bit unlike what I can find on the net.

It's pretty simple: Just a (filament-style) 40-watt bulb encased in a molded body for mechanical protection, and with a 2-prong (NOT 3-prong) plug on it.  And when you plug it in, the light flashes on and off, not steady.

Now you can go in the next room, and still see the flashing light (or not) as you are perhaps working on the wiring.

It would also be nice if this thing had an audio beeper built into it that you could turn on or off as desired.  The beeps would coincide with the flashing light when plugged into a hot receptacle.

I've looked around the net for something like this, without result.

Lots of fancier stuff available, but nothing nice and simple like what I want.

Anyone seen anything I should know about?  Seems like the Chinese would be making something like this, but if so I don't see it anywhere.

73 - Bob, K6KL

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72