Re: Simple AC receptacle tester

W0IIT

Well said Bill,

I have even an earlier model, we just marked out 56th year of this joint adventure called life marriage.  She has been very handy in the past, not so much now, but then I don’t need much help with those electrical, plumbing, and carpentry jobs because, sadly  I can’t do very many of them anymore.  However, she is still helping me i.e. did you take your pills, isn’t this the night of the QRP Fox hunt, you remember you have two doctor appointments tomorrow don’t you, etc.?  Very handy, very handy indeed!!

cu es 72, Bart w0iit
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp=#72, FP=#11, ARS=#568,
SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819,
Zombie=#500, Geratol=#1000

On Aug 28, 2016, at 12:16 PM, Bill Cromwell wrcromwell@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Hi,

There are so many options. I think most of them are in the Rube Goldberg
category. I have the older Model XYL that I refer to as Carolyn that I
have had for 40 years. She can tell me when 'this lamp' goes off and
when it comes back on. The XYL also helps with plumbing jobs and can
turn the water on and off when needed - all remotely of course.

Additionally, if I fall or get a severe electrical shock from failed
electrical equipment the XYL will automatically call 911 so I can get
that kind of help if needed. I have seen nothing at Home Depot with that
kind of utility and reliability.

You shouldn't be messing with wires or pipes or up on roofs, trees,
tower with a buddy. The XYL can handle all of those.

Here..hold these wires..

73,

Bill KU8H

--