Re: Soldering station advice

Rick Bennett

Save some money and get the WES51.  We have several of these at work for many years and have had no problems with them.  Here is one for $100:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/WELLER-WES51-/96-1760

Rick Bennett
573-526-4842
Cel 573-645-7850

On Mar 29, 2013, at 5:26 PM, Jeremy Utley <jerutley@...> wrote:

Hey everyone!

Looking for some advice. I want to get myself a *NICE* soldering
station - i'm sick of the little pencil irons that never seem to hold
their heat well, so I want to get something that's temperature
controlled. Looking at Amazon, I've narrowed it down to a couple of
possible options from Weller:

WTCPT 60W/120V Temp Controlled Soldering Station -
http://www.amazon.com/WTCPT-Temperature-Controlled-Soldering-Station/dp/B00004W463

WESD51 Digital Soldering Station -
http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WESD51-Digital-Soldering-Station/dp/B000ARU9PO/

I know a lot of you guys are experts at this, so if you were looking at
a new soldering station right now, which would you choose? And if you
have other suggestions, I'm all ears - but I'm looking for something
that is going to last me a long time, so I prefer to stick with the
bigger brands (like Weller).

Thanks for your input!

Jeremy, N9PH

See Everyone at Ozarkcon - just one week away!