Re: RS-232 question

Sean Edwards

You need some sort of driver software to connect the serial port / keyboard activity to the operating system.

- Sean Edwards
AD0QG

On Sep 2, 2016 11:00 AM, "rln37@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I have a keypad that purports to output RS-232 (9600N8).
I need to test it on a Windows computer, but since I have been
an Apple user for some years, I’ve forgotten what Windows utility
I can use.

I’d like to plug the keypad into a DB-9 connector on the
Windows machine, hit a key on the keypad, and see that
character displayed on the screen.  Should be simple in the
software.  .  .  .

Can anyone give me a clue how to get this working?

Thanks and 73 - Bob, K6KL