From: "rln37@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...>
Sent: 9/2/2016 10:59:58 AM
Subject: [4sqrp] RS-232 question

I have a keypad that purports to output RS-232 (9600N8).
I need to test it on a Windows computer, but since I have been
an Apple user for some years, I’ve forgotten what Windows utility
I can use.

I’d like to plug the keypad into a DB-9 connector on the
Windows machine, hit a key on the keypad, and see that
character displayed on the screen.  Should be simple in the
software.  .  .  .

Can anyone give me a clue how to get this working?

Thanks and 73 - Bob, K6KL