Re: Soldering station advice

Tim N9PUZ

On 3/29/2013 5:26 PM, Jeremy Utley wrote:

Looking for some advice. I want to get myself a *NICE* soldering
station - i'm sick of the little pencil irons that never seem to hold
their heat well, so I want to get something that's temperature
controlled. Looking at Amazon, I've narrowed it down to a couple of
possible options from Weller:

WTCPT 60W/120V Temp Controlled Soldering Station -
http://www.amazon.com/WTCPT-Temperature-Controlled-Soldering-Station/dp/B00004W463

WESD51 Digital Soldering Station -
http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WESD51-Digital-Soldering-Station/dp/B000ARU9PO/
I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Weller product. I would go for the WESD51 because its temperature is adjustable. The WTCPT is a great iron too, just not as flexible.

Tim N9PUZ