Re: Soldering station advice

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Jeremy:
I bought a Hako grounded tip with nice temp controls.
I have had it 2or 3 years and have not had any problems.
Take a look on the web, nice prices on the plain Jane model.
Good luck

On Friday, March 29, 2013, Jeremy Utley wrote:

Hey everyone!

Looking for some advice. I want to get myself a *NICE* soldering
station - i'm sick of the little pencil irons that never seem to hold
their heat well, so I want to get something that's temperature
controlled. Looking at Amazon, I've narrowed it down to a couple of
possible options from Weller:

WTCPT 60W/120V Temp Controlled Soldering Station -
http://www.amazon.com/WTCPT-Temperature-Controlled-Soldering-Station/dp/B00004W463

WESD51 Digital Soldering Station -
http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WESD51-Digital-Soldering-Station/dp/B000ARU9PO/

I know a lot of you guys are experts at this, so if you were looking at
a new soldering station right now, which would you choose? And if you
have other suggestions, I'm all ears - but I'm looking for something
that is going to last me a long time, so I prefer to stick with the
bigger brands (like Weller).

Thanks for your input!

Jeremy, N9PH

See Everyone at Ozarkcon - just one week away!