Re: SMD beginners kit?

David Wilcox

I don't need another keyer but I am addicted to the 4SQRP kits...... Will have to build another rig to put it in.  Hi!  I used the SMD caps on my 1W20 kit but more practice is always welcome.

Just used my 4SQRP antenna tuner last night for the first time and it matched a 60 foot L that I threw up last fall.  Worked well and tuned it down to 1:1 on my analyzer.  Another 4SQRP success.  Lousy antenna but it gets me on the air until I can get a better antenna up.  When the bands are hot (read that "warm") and a contest is on I make contacts.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Dave K8WPE

On Sep 17, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Johnny Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Ge all

I want to tell you that we are considering a beginners SMD keyer Kit.
Designer by Craig AA0ZZ and very similar in function to the EZ keyer line up.

Very small only about 1X1 inches, uses internal power from the rig, will produce a side tone to the rigs audio, and the push buttons can be mounted off the board to save space.

We think it would be a great confidence builder, as well as a functional kit for small space challenged QRP rigs.
Your feed back is welcome!
72
Johnny

--