Re: sub

Jerry Haigwood <jerry@...>

You can also check with Futurlec.com.  However, the part will be coming from Hong Kong so it will take about 20 days to get here.  B & G micro in Dallas has a number of FETs also.  BTW, I quit using the MPF 102 a long time ago.  For RF I typically use the J310 or the 2N5486.  I have a bunch of 2N3819s that I use when I am not too concerned about performance.

Jerry W5JH

From: 4sqrp@... [mailto:4sqrp@...] On Behalf Of Barney
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2013 11:46 AM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: Fwd: Re: [4sqrp] sub

Hi Jerry;

     Where do you get them?  I had heard that the 102 was obsolete, and Mouser lists them that way and they don't show up
at Allied Electronics.  Jameco does have them!

     Thanks for the info on the subs..

Barney

On 3/30/2013 10:40 AM, Jerry Haigwood wrote:

Why do you need a sub?  The MPF102 is still available.  If you really want a sub, you can use just about any n channel JFET as a sub.  The MPF102 is the 2N2222 of the JFET world.  You could use a 2N3819, 2N5484, 2N5485, 2N5486, etc.

Jerry W5JH