Re: sub

Nick-WA5BDU

What I've heard from the smart guys is that the MPF102 is specified with a pretty broad range of parameters, so lots of other JFETs will fit between those ditches.

I'm liking the 2N3819 too.  I bought 25 from Mouser for 9 cents apiece a while back.

A quick eBay check shows quite a few MPF102s.  One outfit I'm familiar with is Nightfire Electronics.  They sell a "kit" of 10 MPF102s for $8.99 and throw in a bunch of other components and a little perf board to fill out the "kit" idea.  Not bad if your junk box is a little light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MPF102-RF-FET-Transistor-Design-Kit-1-1600-/370291579514?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5637191a7a

72-

Nick, WA5BDU

I wonder what xstr will sub for a MPF102?

Barney