Re: QRQ, STRANGE IT IS

Nick-WA5BDU

That sounds interesting.� Once in a while I'll do sessions with RUFZ to try to bump my maximum up.� BTW, you mis-typed the call, it's N5DWI.�

http://www.n5dwi.com/

I'm checking out his web page ... already see one statement I'm a bit skeptical of:

"We believe that�anyone�can achieve a minimum receive speed of 75 WPM."

But I'm willing to keep an open mind.

72-

Nick, WA5BDU

On 3/30/2013 5:28 PM, Phil Anderson wrote:
�

Hi Guys! Just a week till OzarkCon! Wheeeeee.
�
I was googling the web a couple of days ago - that infinite web - and again ran across a part of our hobby called QRQ: yes it is the cousin of QRS but much faster, hi.
�
Anyway, did some googling and ran across (again) a reference to ZART, "Zen and Art of Radio Telegraphy" by Carlo Consoli, IK0YGJ. It's a long read but skimmed a bit and ran across a discussion on the difference in sound at 50 to 60 WPM between English and (for example) German. Fascinating! Since German has lots of ICH, BER, and VER letter combinations, a conversation in German�sounds different that say an English one. Strange and interesting.
�
Of course this is the claim of the author, not me; I'm TOO SLOW.�
�
I did download some sound files from N5WDI's "QRQ CENTRAL" website and listened to the most popular conversational words - he claims are YOU, I, TO, THE, A, AND, THAT, IT, OF and ME. They certainly have their own rythms!
�
Guess I'll get out my old German textbook and copy out say ten sentences....and repeat them in Engish, and then compare the "general" sound of each code file. A number of code practice programs support text input with code output.
�
If anyone else is interested in digging further too, grab me at OzarkCon and we can chat. Keep in mind that this is all new to me.
�
UNK PHIL, W0XI

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.