Antenna Tuner isue

David Wilcox

I have built the 4SQRP Group antenna tuner and really think it is a fantastic kit and easy to build with the provided instructions. It seems to work quite well and I have tested it against other antenna tuners that I have and it is spot on in tuning a long wire that I have is a temporary antenna.

I have noticed though, that when I rapidly turn the left sided tuning capacitor it is scratchy in the audio that I am hearing on the receiver. I didn't think that was possible with these small tuning caps since they have a plastic layer between each of the veins.

Since it does work correctly is this a problem? Should I replace the cap?

Thank you for any and all advice.

Dave K8WPE