Re: Soldering station advice

Dan Reynolds

Depending on how much a hurry you are and what hamfests you have access to you might look around for a Metcal. I traded some stuff for one and it is the best solder station I've ever touched. I've used some high end Wellers and an old but good Unger (I'm not a tech or an expert). But the Metcal is a solid dependable setup. And is very expandable depending on which model you get.
I could NEVER afford to buy one new. But there are quite a few in the used market and especially with the downturn in the economy.
It is definitely the Rolls Royce of soldering stations...
73
Dan -- KB9JLO