Re: Resources to design transcievers

Phil <w0xiphil@...>

Hello Paul,

The sources are many; the question is which to look at.
A good starting place might be to check the resources that the ARRL has to offer. Take a look at their website.

If it is your first design, I’d suggest that you consider a basic single-conversion receiver with a crystal oscillator.
There you’d need a tuned circuit front end (from antenna), a mixer – such as the NE602 – and an audio amplifier,
perhaps the LM386.

You can find circuit configurations (suggestions) for using those chips by using your browser. For example, type in NE602, and you’ll get a
list of websites to look at. Most of the chip vendors include a technical specification and suggestive circuits.

Good luck and have fun. One other item. You can use the formulas in the ARRL handbook to figure out what L and C values you’ll need
for each tuned circuit.

Phil, W0XI
Lawrence, KS

Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 3:09 AM
Subject: [4sqrp] Resources to design transcievers

I have been building kits from other countries and decided it was about time to bring my enjoyment to a new level. Instead of building kits I would like to try my hand at designing and building my own transceiver.

I do have a basic understanding in electronics and mathematics, however I have not had much experience in the experimental side of our hobby.

Does anyone has any favorite resources they would share?

Thank you,

Paul

KG5NKW

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.