Re: sub

Barney <barneyro@...>

Thanks Nick.

     Here is one I've bought from before.  They have free shipping and the prices are pretty good.  I wonder about the quality at times.  Most of the things we buy are from over there anyway though.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=mpf102

     I had a project that called for 102's and I had none.  I didn't know what to sub for them as I haven't had a lot of experience building with solid state

On 3/30/2013 7:11 PM, Nick-WA5BDU wrote:

What I've heard from the smart guys is that the MPF102 is specified with a pretty broad range of parameters, so lots of other JFETs will fit between those ditches.

I'm liking the 2N3819 too.  I bought 25 from Mouser for 9 cents apiece a while back.

A quick eBay check shows quite a few MPF102s.  One outfit I'm familiar with is Nightfire Electronics.  They sell a "kit" of 10 MPF102s for $8.99 and throw in a bunch of other components and a little perf board to fill out the "kit" idea.  Not bad if your junk box is a little light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MPF102-RF-FET-Transistor-Design-Kit-1-1600-/370291579514?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5637191a7a

72-

Nick, WA5BDU

I wonder what xstr will sub for a MPF102?

Barney