Re: SSS Results

Gary KF7WNS

4 State sprinters,

Unfortunately, I was on the road on Sunday.  Hated to miss the SSS and let Johnny pull ahead in the standings.  I'll have to work harder next month.  I'm in Utah this week..setting up an antenna today to get ready for the NAQCC Sprint tonight.

72,
Gary, KF7WNS

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 7:21 AM, 'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

The number of QSO points from Sunday's SSS was not real impressive.
According to the log, eight of us actually participated. In terms of
percentage of club members, that is a very poor showing. However, I
don't believe there were many months in which more than 8 members
participated. Relatively speaking, we can say it was a good showing.
Double digits should be a goal for December, which is the last month of
the 2015-2016 SSS season. Maybe if enough of us try, one of us will get
lucky and bag some rare DX from the north pole, as Santa takes a time
out from making toys (on his 3-d printer).

The November winners were Chas (W2SH) and Johnny (AC0BQ), each with 3
QSO points. Chas has 78 points for the contest year, with Johnny coming
in 2nd with 59 points. By the way, Johnny succeeded in moving up a
notch in the year-long totals, surpassing Gary (KF7WNS-56 points), who
must have taken the month off. Chas and Johnny will be receiving their
November E-certificates shortly. According to the published rules, when
the dust settles after the December Sprint, those who finish in the top
three for the entire contest period will each receive E-certificates.
It looks like Chas has 1st place in the bag, but the fight for 2nd place
is far from over. And, of course, anybody can win the December
E-certificate by finishing 1st for the month.

72,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator