Re: Pig Rig troubleshooting question

Bill Cromwell

On Sun, 2013-03-31 at 23:42 +0000, cornhusker wrote:

OK, folks...I got mine all together, and it can hear (barely!) and
transmits (also barely!). I can hear it transmit in my Kenwood
receiver, and if I key my Kenwood, I can hear it in the PigRig. But,
connected to an antenna, the PigRig hears no outside signals or band
noise at all. Also in transmit there is no measurable RF output, yet
my big rig connected an an outside antenna hears it clearly, but only
about S5. I am able to peak its receiver from my big rig signal, set
the freq to 7030.7 and the keyer, offset, etc. works fine. Plenty of
loud sidetone audio in the speaker and good received audio from my big
rig transmitting a watt nearby into a dummy load or into outside
antenna. So, my guess is that all is fine except of maybe one of the
transformers...maybe T1? Any guesses?
Thanks!!
73 de Joe K0NEB
Hi Joe,

I don't have a rig like yours except that all of mine have wires, and
other gizmos between the wires, too. What about an accidental solder
bridge? What about a cold solder joint or one not even soldered at all?
Your local oscillator is working or you wouldn't be hearing your "big
rig" and it wouldn't be hearing your pig thingie. Cracked circuit board
trace (open)?

73,

Bill KU8H