Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 23:58:49 -0400
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
To: QRP-L <qrp-l@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [QRP-L] WQ8RP during Spring QRP ARCI QSO party Apr 6/7

Note to all QRP ops. Please join in the QRP ARCI Spring QSO Party this
coming weekend, Saturday April 6 beginning at 1200Z. When you do,
please look for WQ8RP, the Michigan QRP Club call. That will be me.

I hope that people in clubs or otherwise use WQ?RP, KQ?RP, or NQ?RP
(Where ? equals 0 thru 9) will activate these calls. There are other QRP
club calls - a few of which I've worked are
W5MSQ the Houston QRP Club,
KL7AQC the Alaska QRP Club,
W8PIG the Flying Pigs QRP Club,
K6JSS the QRPARCI club call (yep, Jim W4QO says K6JSS WILL be active!),
and probably others which I've missed. Perhaps we could make this a
"club call" sub-contest? :)

I'm not sure if these calls are listed as active QRP ARCI members, but,
a good way to keep track of active QRP ARCI members on who are on the
air is at http://ham.jit.su Select QRPARCI on the top menu, and you'll
find listings of folks who are members and who have been calling CQ in
recent past.

Another operating aid is http://www.QRPspots.com

And, please spot anyone you work, if you're doing "search and pounce" on
your favorite DX Cluster for world wide distribution. Probably adding
"info QRPARCI" or similar would help ID the QRPers.

Brian Campbell, VE3MGY, QRP ARCI Contest Manager informs me that use of
these operating aids are encouraged, so please use them!

Let's blow the top off any participation records for this contest! See
you Saturday and/or Sunday

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time
Operating as WQ8RP during QRP ARCI Spring QSO party Apr 6/7