Re: Junk Mail from Yahoo

Johnny AC0BQ

Thanks for the help Tim

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 9:22 PM Tim McDonough N9PUZ tim.n9puz@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

That particular address should not be able send an email to the 4SQRP
list again. However, if whatever miscreant is doing it has your email
address it is still possible for you to get mail from that addressed.

I don't know the inner workings of Yahoo email. I do know from managing
this and other mailing lists over the years that it seems like yahoo.com
and arrl.org addresses get into the bad guys hands more so than others.

It's the world we live in. I saw an article a while back where the
manager of one Internet service estimated that as much as 80% of the
email traffic that came through their system was spam / unsolicited.
This is based on what their own mechanisms were able to filter out.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Tim N9PUZ
4SQRP List Moderator