NDBs Logged Tonight

WA0ITP

During the last hour I logged 25 beacons. They included some from IA, KS, MN, MO, CO, NE, ON. These were paper logged and I don't think there's any new one there for me. . I'm moving my logging program from an old XP machine to my new Win10 machine, and it's slow going so far.

One has to listen carefully, tune slow, and stop the dial at the first sound of anything that sounds like a morse character. Listen for 3 or 2 morse characters at 5 wpm. I call this listening deep. Chasing beacons will make you an expert in weak signal detection, and it's great fun.

I used to navigate around the Midwest using these beacons, so I have a special affinity for them. Ask me about my snow storm experience sometime.

If you are interested in logging them this winter, look here http://www.ve3gop.com/
Alex's logger is just excellent and he is, and has been for many years, very helpful and supportive.

Have fun.

--
72 WAƘITP
I love this radio stuff.