Re: NDBs Logged Tonight

WA0ITP

Great fun.  I use an Icom 756 Pro III, LSB, and 1.8k filter setting.  It takes me about a half hour to scan the band, tuning slow and stopping often, i.e. listening deep. Some signals are right at the noise level.  I'm thinking that a low pass filter in front of the receiver to knock down the broadcast band would be useful. I'm getting some mixing products and overloading due to a BCB station about 2 miles away.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 12/26/2016 12:29 AM, Dennis Gaskill gaskilldg@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I recounted the beacons, I had copied and I it was approaching 40 .......I only had 38 ......
You want to tune slowly , because the CW is so slow that there is a pretty good gap before the beacon starts over .
If you do PSK you can look for the signals on the waterfall as you sweep the band .

Dennis KC0IFQ

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 8:14 PM, Sam Neal <n5af@...> wrote:

What receivers/antennas are y'all using. I only hear HRD on about 423 kHz at
the Hardin County airport, Kountze Texas near Beaumont, about 40 miles away,
using a 40 meter dipole. Tomorrow I will try a different receiver.

Sam. Neal. N5AF