No flame suit on here but there is PLENTY of activities without adding testing... IMHO!
De Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2013, at 4:02 PM, "Mike Sanders" <k0az@...> wrote:

The Ozarks Amateur Radio Society OARS has ARRL VE testing
every month on the first Saturday. This is at the Barry Lawrence
County Library in MT Vernon just a block off the square. Testing
starts at 10AM sharp and walk ins are welcome. Check out the
schedule on the ARRL website. The exception being this month.
In April VE testing is done at our hamfest in Aurora held at the
Pate Early Learning Center on April 13th. Anyone interested in
more info on either testing or the hamfest can email me for
additional information or a hamfest flyer. 73, Mike

K0AZ
Mike Sanders
EM37cd SW Missouri
www.k0az.com

-----Original Message-----
From: 4sqrp@... [mailto:4sqrp@...] On Behalf Of Bart
Lawson
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 3:52 PM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Ozarkcon event question

The Joplin club holds a test session during their hamfest and I am pretty
sure during the rest of the year. They would pretty well cover the same
area that we would be covering during OzarkCon, with the exception of guys
and gals that come from outside this 4 state area for Ocon. I tend to agree
with Dave, we have a jam packed agenda and most people who are attracted to
Ocon would probably be there for the build session, forum, or vendor
availability!

We sure don't want to be taking people away from forums that the presenters
have worked on. For that matter we really don't want to take attendees away
from the vendors and the folks that have brought stuff to trade or sell.

Just my 2 cents worth!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819,
Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to
my rig:-)