Re: What Keyer?

Don Wilhelm

Roy,

I suggest that you and anyone else looking for a good and versatile keyer chip (or a keyer kit) that you take a good look at the K1EL keyers. The K-16 is their more recent IC and for $8 it cannot be beat. If you want a complete keyer rather than just the IC, the kit is only $20, and is small enough to house inside an existing radio.

The IC itself is a DIP-8, so it can be quite compact if you integrate it into your own design and layout. You don't have to include all its functions, but there are plenty functions available as well as basic paddling in your favorite mode.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 12/26/2016 12:09 PM, royiparker@yahoo.com [4sqrp] wrote:

I have been away from ham radio for 12 or 13 years and just getting back.

Back then the Tick keyer (embedded research) was THE hot thing.

I have a NorCal 38 special that I want to equip with built-in keyer.

And the old Tick chip isn't around any more. I would like something to
put in using the same pinnout.

Anybody know what to use?