Re: What Keyer?

Ariel Jacala

I own and have built may keyers.  My favorites are the WinKeyer USB (really a K1EL Keyer with a USB interface), the Ideiom Press CMOS 4, and the EZKeyer and will build another of the last.   The WinKeyer USB is perhaps the most versatile as a Contest Keyer and almost all CAT programs support it.  It can be stand alone or driven by a computer for computer logging and sending.

Ariel NY4G

On Monday, December 26, 2016 12:33 PM, "Don Wilhelm donwilh@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Roy,

I suggest that you and anyone else looking for a good and versatile
keyer chip (or a keyer kit) that you take a good look at the K1EL
keyers. The K-16 is their more recent IC and for $8 it cannot be beat.
If you want a complete keyer rather than just the IC, the kit is only
$20, and is small enough to house inside an existing radio.

The IC itself is a DIP-8, so it can be quite compact if you integrate it
into your own design and layout. You don't have to include all its
functions, but there are plenty functions available as well as basic
paddling in your favorite mode.

73,
Don W3FPR