Re: NDBs Logged Tonight

John Raynsford

Thanks for the link Dennis, KC0IFQ. Rummaged through
some boxes and dug out my Palomar Engineers VLF
converter, listening to Dutch Harbor on 283 khz. Haven't
tuned through those frequencies in years !

72/73 to all  de AL7JK

On Monday, December 26, 2016 5:34 AM, "WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Great fun.  I use an Icom 756 Pro III, LSB, and 1.8k filter setting.  It takes me about a half hour to scan the band, tuning slow and stopping often, i.e. listening deep. Some signals are right at the noise level.  I'm thinking that a low pass filter in front of the receiver to knock down the broadcast band would be useful. I'm getting some mixing products and overloading due to a BCB station about 2 miles away.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 12/26/2016 12:29 AM, Dennis Gaskill gaskilldg@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I recounted the beacons, I had copied and I it was approaching 40 .......I only had 38 ......
You want to tune slowly , because the CW is so slow that there is a pretty good gap before the beacon starts over .
If you do PSK you can look for the signals on the waterfall as you sweep the band .

Dennis KC0IFQ

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 8:14 PM, Sam Neal <n5af@...> wrote:

What receivers/antennas are y'all using. I only hear HRD on about 423 kHz at
the Hardin County airport, Kountze Texas near Beaumont, about 40 miles away,
using a 40 meter dipole. Tomorrow I will try a different receiver.

Sam. Neal. N5AF