Re: 4QRP Email Blog

Johnny AC0BQ

Nice Job Walter,
Thanks

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 7:55 PM Walter - K5EST walter.k5est@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

4QRP
The original email blog of the 4SQRP Group -- copyright December 2016
Walter - K5EST - Editor

The Bayou Jumper

The famous Bayou Jumper is in high demand! Thank you everyone for supporting the designers and 4SQRP to help fund OzarkCon.

Yes, we suspended sales while the kitter gets time to restock and we had a shock of one component having a 15 to 17 weeks wait from the manufacturer. HA....well don't worry since a cache was found which is already purchased. Please watch the 4SQRP and QRP email reflectors for updates when sales and shipping can resume............de K5EST

 🎌

Grinding Crystals Ideas

The Ancients were used to grinding crystals to get on the desired frequency. In our modern times, folks just spin the VFO! There is something sacred about using rock bound radio equipment. Skill and clever operating times will normally yield contacts.

Doing a simple search on Google, "grinding radio crystals" gave more results than expected. Do a Google or whatever search engine you use for more information.

One of our 4SQRP members, Nick - WA5BDU has a nice FT-243 grinding webpage......see http://wa5bdu.blogspot.com/2011/03/ft243-crystal-grinding.html

🎌

Reverse Beacon Network

The Reverse Beacon Network (RBN) is a great help is determining your transmitter and antenna combination. Ever wonder where the beacon ears are located? How far am I being heard? The great news is if you will go to the RBN website an answer to many questions is at your fingertips........    http://www.reversebeacon.net/nodes/detail.php

🎌

Hello 2017

January 8, 2017 is the date of the Second Sunday Sprint (SSS). Please watch the 4SQRP reflector for the announcements and if you can join in then you can have extra fun on a Sunday night.

April 7 and 8, 2017 OZARKCON in Branson, MO. Attendance last year was the biggest ever and we want you to enjoy another amazing QRP Conference this year. Here are the stats.......

Database Records of Attendance for each Year
Data for event years prior to those shown were not captured in the database.
YearConfirmed RegistrationsStates Represented

The following QTH's have been represented at OzarkCon Events:
AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, Hampshire England, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, ND, NE, NH, NM, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI

🎌

Antenna Reading and Ideas

Running QRP is challenging sometimes and a good antenna is your signal print to the other station. Being antenna challenged by HOAs, space restrictions, etc are a normal event in the lives of QRP operators. A FREE (my kinda price) Antenna book can be downloaded which is about 20MB. Antentop homepage is at    http://www.antentop.org/

🎌

That is the end of the 4QRP blog for 2016

Happy New QRP Year

72/73....Walter - K5EST