Re: Sockets

Bob Nelson

Bry, fun is fine.  But why not use the
same time and effort to build skills with lasting
value, that can be applied to other areas as well?

I did some xtal grinding back in the 1950's, when
I was a young Novice, and if I had had access to
the kind of digital products we have now, I'd have
been able to learn new things that could be applied
to other technical subjects.

One thing I believe I have learned about operating the
HF bands is that frequency diversity if far more productive
than being rockbound to a single freq for every xtal you
happen to own.

IMHO, it's a lot more valuable to build new tech skills
(and knowledge) than it is to learn that Bon Ami is the
best stuff to rub a wafer with.

73 - Bob, K6KL  (in frozen North Dakota)

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 12:04 PM, "Bry Carling af4k@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Bob - it is more the fun factor. Hams love to experiment!