Re: First Second Sunday Sprint of 2017

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Hey John,

You reference going to QRPcontest.com for rules etc.

If that is where people need to go for info on SSS, do we need to keep that info on the 4sqrp web site anymore ? And are both sites being kept up to date with the rules and info ?

I mean after all,  getting them to go to 4sqrp.com helps lead them to all the other info there including the kits.

On 1/3/2017 12:38, 'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Happy New Year to all Four Staters, no matter which state you call home!

Next Sunday, January 8th, from 7-9 pm CST, is the first Second Sunday
Sprint of the new year. Everyone has an equal chance to end the year as
the overall winner of this contest. Plus, there are 12 monthly winners,
all up for grabs. This is our chance to sharpen our CW skills (I for
one need a lot of sharpening). The exchange is simple: RST, SPC, and
4SQRP member number (or power if not a member). Go to QRPcontest.com
and click on 4SQRP for complete rules, as well as to report your score.
As usual, I will try to report the sprint winner on the Wednesday
morning following the sprint. You need to enter your score by Tuesday
night.

I think the greatest number of people participating in a single sprint
last year was around 10-12. We can and should do better. If we can get
20 or more entries most months, that would be fantastic. With band
conditions as they have been, the more people who get on the air, the
better the chances are someone will hear you.

One of my new years resolutions is to try to participate in the SSS more
often. It's not too late for you to make a similar addition to your
list of resolutions.

72 and hope to work you in Sunday's sprint,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.