I've got good news and bad news !!

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

The good news is, I now have my Bayou Jumper Spotting function working as one would expect it to, with the Front Panel on top of the circuit board.  [note I didn't say mounted]

The Bad News follows...

After removing the Power Supply Jack, Headphones Jack, Key Jack from the Front Panel, and applying plastic tape to the top of all the Hex Stand-offs, the Front Panel is in place but electrically isolated from the circuit board (no ground connection).

More Good News...

My tests indicate I am now tolerably close to the crystal's frequency.  At least close enough I would button this thing up and call it done, IF, I can find ways to isolate everything I mentioned above and leave the Front Panel electrically floating !!

Once everything is put back together with the F.P. isolated, I will want to double check the Regen Setup, but for right now, it seems like the tuning is less 'touchy', and I am getting a pretty full span of frequencies.  I say that because I can spot both of the supplied crystals (7030 & 7122).

It is getting late here so I think I will sleep on it and see what I come up with tomorrow to isolate everything, and of course retest everything tomorrow to make certain what I think I have here...

NA1MH

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.