Re: I've got good news and bad news !!

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Yes, but that is easy to add a ground to the Key and keep it isolated from the front panel.

It is the Key, Phone and Power jacks that will be difficult to isolate from the front panel.

NA1MH

On 1/10/2017 00:04, RWeeks wrote:
If you isolated the top panel wouldn't you lose the connect that makes the keyer work?

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.
South Western Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29A

On Jan 9, 2017, at 23:33, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

The good news is, I now have my Bayou Jumper Spotting function working as one would expect it to, with the Front Panel on top of the circuit board.  [note I didn't say mounted]

The Bad News follows...

After removing the Power Supply Jack, Headphones Jack, Key Jack from the Front Panel, and applying plastic tape to the top of all the Hex Stand-offs, the Front Panel is in place but electrically isolated from the circuit board (no ground connection).

More Good News...

My tests indicate I am now tolerably close to the crystal's frequency.  At least close enough I would button this thing up and call it done, IF, I can find ways to isolate everything I mentioned above and leave the Front Panel electrically floating !!

Once everything is put back together with the F.P. isolated, I will want to double check the Regen Setup, but for right now, it seems like the tuning is less 'touchy', and I am getting a pretty full span of frequencies.  I say that because I can spot both of the supplied crystals (7030 & 7122).

It is getting late here so I think I will sleep on it and see what I come up with tomorrow to isolate everything, and of course retest everything tomorrow to make certain what I think I have here...

NA1MH

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.

David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.