Re: Almost done

Bry Carling <af4k@...>

We have some single and double crystal sockets available for FT243 / FT241 type crystals at:

http://af4k.com/crystal_sockets.htm

af4k.com
AF4K's CRYSTAL SOCKETS ORDER PAGE. Amateur radio crystal sockets available for FT243, hc6u, FT171B, DC34, DC35, CR-1/A, hc25, hc50 and many other types.

Bry AF4K

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of Jeffrey Peters k9jp.radio@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2017 1:33 PM
To: 4sqrp@...; David Wilcox
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Almost done

Hello Again,

I just measured my Crystal QSYer adapter using my Viking and a crystal marked 7.110 MHz.  Measurement s were made on both a counter and spectral display on HRD.

The crystal oscillates at 7.1108 on the straight through side.  The frequency change on the side with the cap. is 7.1108 to 7.1113 or about 500 cycles, if my math is correct.  The cap. is measured at 6 to 60 pF and I have an extra one here if you want to build one yourself. I know I have extra FT-241 type crystals to use as the plug and I might have either a single or double FT-243 type socket. 

Let me know, Jeff

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 9:07 AM, David Wilcox djwilcox01@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I would like to see a close up of the adaptor to vary the crystal frequency a little

Dave K8WPE

On Jan 22, 2017, at 8:43 AM, 'Jim Sheldon' w0eb@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

WOW Tim,
That's beautiful - excellent joinery in the internal partitions too!  I have one of the big boxes and I might just attempt something similar.  I see you also put a digital knob pot on yours.  Sure makes it tune smooth doesn't it?

Jim - W0EB

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 1/21/2017 9:57:37 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Almost done [2 Attachments]

All that is left is secrete Spy Code Engraving.

Tim W4YN

--
Not all of me will die - - - The good I do will live forever.  <><

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.