From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2017 4:56 PM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Antennas and equipment issues...

Sorry about the mis-spelling, it should have been "Wahr".

On 1/23/2017 17:54, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Good explanation Dave.   Very creative.

Apparently  there is a latitude where north is too far north.

I say that because I think Terry WA0ITP has had some success using Whar antennas in Ottumwa Iowa.

NA1MH

On 1/23/2017 17:43, David Wilcox djwilcox01@... [4sqrp] wrote:

A "Wahr" is a type of wire us mostly in the South for antenna building.  It seems to hold up better in the tornadoes and hurricanes.  The Wharman sells it from N. Carolina.  I used to use it but it doesn't like the cold climate in N. michigan.

Dave K8WPE

On Jan 23, 2017, at 6:39 PM, Bry Carling af4k@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

What is a "Wahr?"