Re: laminate front panel

Jim, N5IB

Hi Curt,

I have made panels out of ordinary kitchen counter laminate (Formica, Wilsonart, etc) I use the recommended contact cement and glue two pieces together back-to-back. That gives, makes it much more rigid  and you have a finished surface on both sides. Easy to drill and cut - and oh, those color and pattern choices! You can even get free pieces of it by going to the on-line sites for the brands and ordering samples - look closely and you'll notice some are available in up to 8 x 10 inch sample pieces.. I'll post a photo in my Album in the Group Photo areaof a 30 m rig using such a panel.

N5IB