Re: Station Grounding Information

Bry Carling <af4k@...>

Excellent information.

MFJ and others have even created a device for making  an RF Ground" point when your shack is far away from the earth connection.

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of Johnny Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 8:27 PM
To: 4sqrp@...; Tim McDonough N9PUZ
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Station Grounding Information

Thank you Tim
The articles covers some serious mistakes that I have made for sure.
Nice info.
72
Johnny
On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 10:10 PM Tim McDonough N9PUZ tim.n9puz@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Most books and articles you read on creating a good RF ground for your
station rely on you having a very short run of cable from the common
ground at your operating location to the ground rod that's just outside
the basement wall or ground floor window of your shack. This is good
advice but my ham shack locations never seem to occupy a space near this
ideal ground rod. They are in an upstairs bedroom or the most difficult
corner of the basement possible.

The following article by Tim Ellison at Flex Radio Systems discusses all
of those "easy" situations plus offers some solutions for when that
ground point is a story or so above ground or 30 feet or more from your
only accessible ground point.

<https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204779159-Grounding-Systems-in-the-Ham-Shack-Paradigms-Facts-and-Fallacies>

Tim N9PUZ

--