Re: FDIM 2017 Buildathon kit announcement.

keith ford

Rex, when will they be available to the general public?

Keith

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 18:00, Rex Harper w1rex@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Gangue,

I just posted the info/registration page for the FDIM 2017 Buildathon on my website.

The Buildathon this year will be a crystal oscillator and frequency combination unit suitable  for measuring crystals during the crystal grinding process....AND...we will be grinding a 'worthless' out-of-band FT-243 crystal thereby turning it into a useful 40m QRP crystal. I will be supplying a FT-243 with the kit so everyone should leave with TWO neat constructions.

Link to the website: http://qrpme.com/?p=product&id=B17

There isn't any info on the kit as it ain't been designed yet! It will be a reworking and updating of two previous designs: the 2011 Build-Along crystal checker kit and the 2105 Buildathon Frequency Counter kit. The new kit will merge both functions together and add a stable time base suitable for crystal grinding purposes.

With all the talk on the lists about FT-243 crystals, I figured it was time to bring back the Crystal Grinding workshop I hosted at the Ozarkcon convention way back in 2006. Everyone there had a blast re-working an FT-243 crystal and bringing the frequency up to 7030. A good time was had by all.

Hope to see some of you there!

Rex  W1REX