Apidistra

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Reading "The Secret Wireless War", I see that the Apidistra transmitter was shut down for the final time in September of 1982.

I am very disappointed I was completely unaware of this transmitter at that time, or the part it played during WWII.

While working for Timex Corp., I was in England & Scotland during 1982 and had an extended stay from September to December of 1982.  At the very least, on a weekend I might have been able to drive to the site of that transmitter and seen it "in the flesh" before it was dismantled and sold for scrap.