Re: Apidistra

Bry Carling <af4k@...>

I never heard of it. Where in England or Scotland was it exactly? And what was being broadcast on it until 1982?

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 2:14 PM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] Apidistra

Reading "The Secret Wireless War", I see that the Apidistra transmitter was shut down for the final time in September of 1982.

I am very disappointed I was completely unaware of this transmitter at that time, or the part it played during WWII.

While working for Timex Corp., I was in England & Scotland during 1982 and had an extended stay from September to December of 1982.  At the very least, on a weekend I might have been able to drive to the site of that transmitter and seen it "in the flesh" before it was dismantled and sold for scrap.