From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 11:50 AM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] Re: End Fed Wire (Was NorCal Doublet)

Just to add my $0.02 worth.
I needed a wire to operate 80m so I went with a 124' 6" length fed via a 9:1 unun, works a treat on 80, loads on 160 as well, (as well as all the other bands up to 6m). Starts off at around 10' agl (unun is in the attic) with the far end at around 30'. The unun is at one end of the house, the shack at the other so coax from ASTU to unun is around 80'. Gets ny 5 watts from SE Kansas to NJ. Works for me. My other "go to" antennas are a 66' wire +33' counterpoise and a W3EDP fed with a 4:1 BalUn.
Just a few more ideas to keep the pot boiling.
Blessings all
Wayne - NQ0RP

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

www.4sqrp.com
Welcome to the web home of the Four States QRP Group, devoted to low power (QRP) amateur radio building and operation. Club Call Sign WQ5RP
Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP 40m NCS
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184