Bayou Jumper - ready to go to the field

Jim Sheldon

Here's a couple of pix of my Bayou Jumper in the bigger box as it's set
up ready to "grab-n-go". I added an elastic strap across the left side
lid compartment near the bottom to retain an ARRL Minilog (in this case
2 of them with one being a "weatherproof" one.) Every good station
needs a clock (I hate wearing a wristwatch) and some of my favorite
animated movie characters are the "Minions" from the "Despicable Me"
movies. While shopping at Walmart the other day, my wife found a
"Minion" wristwatch with a detachable band that I was able to mount on
the pins of an FT-241A crystal base. This allowed me to plug him in on
the top shelf of my crystal storage strips in the right side of the lid.
The only drawback is he only does the 12 hour format so I set him to
local time and I can convert to UTC on the fly. He IS a fitting and
offbeat addition to an offbeat radio after all - LOL.

Jim - W0EB