Re: Preferred tone frequency

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

We should setup our radios for whatever we prefer. If there is no adjustment as Curt has mentioned we should use whatever that produces. I have one that is not adjustable and is 600 Hz. I dial the incoming signal to 600 Hz on my waterfall and *go*. I may install RIT on the rig to get me to my preferred 500 Hz. More likely I have better things to do so 600 it is.

73,

Bill KU8H

On 02/07/2017 05:49 PM, wb8yyy@yahoo.com [4sqrp] wrote:

My guess is our preferences mostly fit between 650 and 750 Hz. Note if a rig isn't adjustable, the offset between the transmitter and our favorite pitch gives our offset error.

73 Curt

--
bark less - wag more