Re: Parts list for beginning builder

Robert 'RC' Conley <rc.kc5wa@...>

I really like these folks<http://www.vakits.com/>

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Tom Sevart <n2uhc@...> wrote:

On 04/06/2013 19:30, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> wondered if some of you in the group were just starting over again, what
> kind of stuff would you want to stock up on?

Resistors in common values 10 Ohm to 1 Megohm, lots of 1K's; lots of .1
and .01 uF caps as well as 1 uF, 10 uF, 47 uF, 100 uF electrolytics;
1N4001 and 4148 diodes; 3904 or 2N2222 transistors; 1K, 10K, and 100K
pots; lots of different kinds of switches, rocker or toggle SPST, SPDT,
DPDT (if you just get the DPDT you can use them as SPST & SPDT); LED's
of different colors, mainly red & green but blue ones add some pizazz to
a project; 8 Ohm impedence speakers; piezo buzzers; 555 timer IC's;
78L05 voltage regulartors; both stereo and mono 3.5mm headphone jacks;
coaxial power jacks; SO-239's and/or panel mount BNC jacks.

I'm sure there's a lot more but this covers the basics. Then don't
forget enclosures. Those computer peripheral A/B switch boxes or old
CB's work well for QRP projects.

That reminds me that I need to make an order with my favorite
electronics outlet because I'm running low on a lot of the stuff I just
mentioned.

If you want I can put together a "starter kit" of some surplus items and
send it to you. I know I've got a bunch of 2N2222's, probably far more
than I'll ever use. I'm sure I've got a lot of other stuff I can spare
as well.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS