Hot IRF510

David Wilcox

I am finding that my reverse voltage IRF510 is running hot enough to burn my fingers, even when the BJ is switched off. I was questioning why my Jet Ski battery was running down after a few days of "just sitting on the bench" while connected to the turned off BJ.

Any suggestions?

Also the receiver oscillator transistor seems to be the temp sensitive wandering part. I sprayed lightly each part with coolant air and that part seems to move frequency the fastest and the farthest. The toroid is also temperature sensitive but less so.

Dave K8WPE

Dave K8WPE