Re: Ocon Oscillator Hunt

WA0ITP

Hi Bill,
Fb on the Alex Loop, sounds like a good DF loop. Bet quite a few of the guys have them or another magloop.  The hunt is on!
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 2/8/2017 3:45 PM, dekle wrote:

Terry,

I just looked at the "Snoop Loop" you referenced and it got me thinking.
I realized that I already had a DF loop - the Alex Loop.
Although it is bigger and requires a receiver, it can be easily hand-held.
I tried it with a HB-1B and it works great.
The null is broadside to the loop and very sharp.
It doesn't have front/back directional discrimination, but with a little triangulation, the Hidden Oscillator would be easy to find.
A little team work would be an asset here, but the "team" will have to decide who gets the prize.

Thanks for the reference!

Bill
KV6Z

Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 13:47:00 -0600
From: WA0ITP
To: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...>

Just ran across this article on direction finding antennas.  Some vbersions look easy to build and would be good for the Ocon Oscillator Hunt. The Snoop Loop abt halfway down the page looks very good for our purposes.
http://www.ce5prd.cl/documentos/antenna_handbook/14.pdf
--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.