Re: 43SQRP net

Paul Smith

Hello Charles, I listen for you every time but have not heard you for a while. the bands have been squirely for sure. The antenna is a Zepp and loads well with the ATU in the KX2.

Will keep an ear peeled for the east coast de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:13 PM
To: Paul Smith; 4sqrp@...
Subject: Re: 43SQRP net

Paul,

I think this may have been the first time I've copied your sig.  I understand that you had had some problems with a new rig, but whatever antenna you're using was doing FB.

I'll be QRV for the Second Sunday Sprint and hope you will be also. 

We're getting a lot of snow today and if it amounts to the 12-15" predicted, then that will blanket my in-ground radials and considerably diminish their effectiveness.  (The purpose of those radials is to harvest the radiation from the adjacent vertical antenna that splashes on the nearby ground and send it back to the antenna's feedpoint for "recycling"; a foot of water-permeated snow is an unwanted rf sponge).

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH

Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:08 PM
To: Charles Moizeau; 4sqrp@...

Thanks for the report Charles,

I was getting some thunderstorm static as well. not sure from where but it was there

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 2:13 AM
To: 4sqrp@...; Paul Smith

Condx in NJ are very noisy with a major snow storm arriving here in six hours.  At 0130Z-ish I heard Wayne at 449.  Normally WA9PWP is the sig champ, but I didn't hear him.  Surprisingly, the other Paul, N0NBD, was nearly 569.

Charles, W2SH 

From: 4sqrp@... <4sqrp@...> on behalf of Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:57 PM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] 43SQRP net

WOW I had a bunch of noise here tonight I did get 

WA0ITP Terry

WA8PWP Paul

WN0WWY Dale.

Thanks Terry for the relay.de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.