From: Charles Moizeau
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:13 PM
To: Paul Smith; 4sqrp@...
Subject: Re: 43SQRP net

Paul,

I think this may have been the first time I've copied your sig.  I understand that you had had some problems with a new rig, but whatever antenna you're using was doing FB.

I'll be QRV for the Second Sunday Sprint and hope you will be also.

We're getting a lot of snow today and if it amounts to the 12-15" predicted, then that will blanket my in-ground radials and considerably diminish their effectiveness.  (The purpose of those radials is to harvest the radiation from the adjacent vertical antenna that splashes on the nearby ground and send it back to the antenna's feedpoint for "recycling"; a foot of water-permeated snow is an unwanted rf sponge).

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH