Member List and SSS reminder

John Lonigro

Greg:

I suspect falling from 40-50' hurts more than from 100' (hi).  Nevertheless, I also recommend asking a younger, experienced person to do the climbing for you.  Buy him a 6-pack of his favorite brew, but don't let him drink any until he's back on the ground.

In the meantime, string up a wire and try your hand at the Second Sunday Sprint this Sunday evening from 7:00-9:00 pm CST.  Go to the 4SQRP website (on air activities) for full details.  An NVIS antenna might work better for the SSS than a beam antenna on a high tower, except possibly for our coastal members.

72,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

On 02/09/2017 10:35 AM, WI4T wi4t@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I have all the equipment (gin pole, harness etc… but I am only comfortable up to 40-50 foot… I might start and get at least that high but have not made a firm decision yet. I have several volunteers for the “ground” crew.  I have the concrete going in for the anchors and both towers next week.  It will be nice to see progress!  The LM-470 base will need to sit 30 days before attaching the tower to it. but the Rohn should be ready in a couple weeks.

Greg - WI4T

BTW nice to meet you guys

On Feb 9, 2017, at 10:29 AM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

Hello and WELCOME Greg,
Leave the climbing for a younger person. I had bypass surgery 15 years ago and still dont climb..... I do have a tilt over tower..... CU in Branson in a few weeks de Paul Smith N0NBD
Ozarkcon Chairman
Sent from Outlook