Re: Ocon Oscillator Hunt

n5ib_2

Just to prime the pump a bit on the huffduff (HF DF) activity at OzarkCon, I've posted in the Files area of this Group a one-page PDF document showing how I cobbled together a small loop on the kitchen counter in about 10 minutes. Note that this is not (yet) a shielded loop.

It has a very sharp resonance that can be found by peaking the noise It does show directivity, but not much on 40 m right now to test with. On 30 m it was clear there was directivity. Being a very small loop it's not very efficient so signals (and external noise) are way down. It was also apparent that the noise at this QTH was directional

Jim, N5IB